30 restaurants in several gastronomical price categories was announced during a gala held in Gothenburg on Sweden’s west coast last month, arranged by White Guide.
The Nordic version of White Guide has been published yearly since 2005. Every year around 800 restaurants in the Nordic countries are tested.
At the gala last month, the top 30 Scandinavian restaurants in the uppermost two gastronomic categories were presented, and prizes were awarded in categories such as Merroir, Terroir, Best Restaurant, Worth a Journey, Best Sustainable Gastronomy, Best Wine Experience and many others.
Here are the Scandinavian winners.
- Esperanto, Stockholm, Sweden
- Fäviken, Magasinet Järpen, Sweden
- Maaemo, Oslo, Norway
- Geranium, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Kadeau Copenhagen, Denmark
- Gastrologik, Stockholm, Sweden
- Oaxen Krog, Stockholm, Sweden
- Restaurant AOC, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Daniel Berlin Krog, Skåne Tranås, Sweden
- Kong Hans Kælder, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Mielcke & Hurtigkarl, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Søllerød Kro, Holte, Denmark
- Alchemist, Copenhagen, Denmark
- PM & Vänner, Växjö, Sweden
- Slotskøkkenet / Dragsholm Slot, Hørve, Denmark
- Restaurant Koch, Aarhus, Denmark
- Faroe Islands
- Restaurang Vollmers, Malmö, Sweden
- Operakällaren, Stockholm, Sweden
- Koka, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Frederikshøj, Aarhus, Denmark
- Studio, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Adam/Albin, Stockholm, Sweden
- Kadeau Bornholm, Aakirkeby, Denmark
- Re-Naa, Stavanger, Norway
- Falsled Kro, Millinge, Denmark
- Omakase Köttslöjd, Stockholm, Sweden
- Sabi Omakase, Stavanger, Norway
- Ti Trin Ned, Fredericia, DenmarkBest Scandinavian Gourmet Restaurants 2017 is based on a press release from White Guide.
Feature image (on top) Restaurant Mielcke Hurtigkarl, Copenhagen