Maybe You Should. It’s the latest buzz. Scandinavians, join forces! There are no members in Scandinavia yet!
Gone are the days when only your neighbor could watch your house while you went on vacation. With today’s technology, websites connect homeowners with house-sitters from around the world.
“We’ve looked after thirteen properties in six different countries. Each assignment is unique and allows us to live like a local and really immerse ourselves in the locations we visit,” says one member of TrustedHousesitters.com.
What is TrustedHousesitters?
Going away and need your home and pets cared for? Find your ideal sitter from their pet loving community who’ll love your pets and home like their own completely for free.
Membership costs $8.25 per month.
- Sign up for a website that links homeowners with house-sitters.
- Create a profile. The more detail (e.g. photos, videos, references, police checks, etc.), the better.
- Search for a sitter or search for a house sit.
- Free accommodations.
- Comforts of home (e.g. laundry, wi-fi, kitchen, etc.)
- A car might be provided.
- Most homes are available during the off season.
- Many homeowners also need pet sitters.
- You might need to do some repairs if something goes wrong.
- If you’re responsible, clean, and love animals, give house-sitting a try for your next vacation.
Country Specific House Sitting Websites
Not all house sitting sites cover international assignments. Some prefer to focus on one particular country, such as the UK, or a region such as Australia & New Zealand.
If you are planning to house sit in the UK, USA, Australia or New Zealand, then you might find it beneficial to also subscribe to one of the more focused websites.
Have You Considered House-Sitting? written by Tor Kjolberg