Moscow Underground Bar Met World Acclaimed Bar in Oslo

0
220

Bartender Eguene Shashin from the first underground cocktail bar Korobok in Moscow paid a visit to Himkok in Oslo last week-end. Himkok is considered one of the twenty best bars in the world (latest rating). The Moscow Underground Bar Met World Acclaimed Bar Himkok in Oslo 24 – 27 August.

Both bars have definitely lived up to their expectations. In a way they are doing for cocktails what the two capitals’ Michelin starred restaurants have done for cooking. Eugene Shasin is considered Russia’s best barman according to Diageo Reserve World Class.

Moscow Underground Bar Met World Acclaimed Bar in Oslo
Eugene Shasin is considered Russia’s best barman according to Diageo Reserve World Class

Related: New Nordic Cocktail Bar in Copenhagen

Moscow Underground Bar Meets World Acclaimed Bar in Oslo
In addition to world famous traditional cocktails, Shasin served signature cocktails where guests could witness only 30 percent of the working process. The other 70 percent were hidden and a well- kept secret, the same way he does it at home in his Moscow bar. Kokobok cocktail bar is a part of the famed White Rabbit Family.

Moscow Underground Bar Met World Acclaimed Bar in Oslo
Taptails at Himkok

Related: Selected Cocktail Bars in Oslo

Acclaimed Himkok in Oslo
Since opening in 2015, Himkok has developed and matured: From being on the Top 50 list, today the place has found its true identity as a Norwegian cocktail joint and climbed to position no. 20. Not Nordic – Norwegian, as co-owner and general manager Yunus Yildiz is quick to point out. Its Flavors of Norway menu is a celebration of the Norwegian craft and a tribute to the ingredients, producers and farmers of this country. Cocktails based around unique Norwegian flavors include cloudberries, seaweed, birch and even the caramelized milk cheese known as ‘brunost’.

Moscow Underground Bar Met World Acclaimed Bar in Oslo
Korobok Cocktail Bar in Moscow

Related: New Era Fine Dining and Drinking in Oslo

World’s best bars
With a bar among the best in the world, Oslo joins a short and exclusive list; the only other cities with bars in the top 20 are London (6), New York (4), Singapore (2), Paris (2), Athens, Shanghai, Tokyo, Mexico City and Miami. At the top of the list is American Bar in London.

Moscow Underground Bar Meets World Acclaimed Bar in Oslo, written by Tor Kjolberg

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here